Sunday, January 5, 2014

Insanity Day 1- Fitness Test

I've been here before. The summer of 2012 is when I completed my first round of Insanity, and it has been EONS. I've decided to start again as a convenient way to get my exercise and fitness levels up. For those that aren't familiar and are too lazy to look it up, Insanity is a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) cardio program consisting of a number of DVDS you play on a two month schedule. Written into the program is a bimonthly "fitness test" you perform to track your progress, along with taking your weight and measurements. Really, this is more of a baseline to work with and compare results to than an actual test. But either way, it was not easy to do, and I had to extend resting times between each exercise beyond the allotted time in the video in order to allow my heart rate to return a to reasonable levels. Here is a video I found of this "fitness test" on vimeo. According to my New Balance N4 heart rate monitor, which I suspect is low on batteries, I burned about 220 calories during this test.

January 5th, 2013
Here are my results:

1.) Switch kicks: 77
2.) Power jacks: 37
3.) Power knees: 78
4.) Power jumps: 26
5.) Globe jumps: 9
6.) Suicide jumps: 13
7.) Push-up jacks: 16
8.) Low plank oblique: 31



No comments:

Post a Comment